- if you’re generally feeling like crap and cry nearly every morning/avoid the bad news that is twitter make sure to like the following pages on Facebook, all of which are full of uplifting, oh-yah-the-world-is-a-good-place stories: For Good’s Sake – Love What Matters
- and should you like your American news with a side of light comedy and sarcasm (the country is going to hell, sometimes I need to laugh a little) I recommend the Closer Look segment on Late Night with Seth Meyers. A new clips posts at 9pm on the show’s Facebook page.
a few things I’ve been loving lately:
- Unexpected Cheddar from Trader Joe’s. I know, I know, most of you live in Canada, but if you love sharp cheddar and parmesan, pick up a block of this next time you’re in the States. Wow. Wow wow wow. It is good. I’m rationing it like cheese is about to be extinct.
- Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino. I read this over the weekend, and while some parts are infuriating (hun, he is so in love with you), it’s charming and cute and reaffirms my love for artistic types/musicians. Great summer read if it’s at your local library. I have actually loved all of Renee Carlino’s books I’ve read recently and would recommend them if you’re looking for a quick read.
- the Jays have kind of mostly been winning again! Even though I have a loooong list of guys I would ship out for a bucket of balls and some flip down shades it has been nice to watch a winning team and my fave pitchers return to fighting form.
- hot bacon caprese? yes please! If I can find some good fresh mozzarella next week at costco (so much better price than grocery stores, but not always in stock), caprese salads will be on the dinner menu.
[photo via Robbie Caponetto]
3 thoughts on “friday, i’m in love”
Is it bad that I kind of avoid the news and therefore am quite ignorant to what’s going on right now? I mean, I have somewhat of an idea from social media, but otherwise, I’m just living my life in my mostly happy little bubble over here.
I’ve added that book to my very long list of library wants.
Also, I’ll be making hot bacon dressing this weekend. That’s a for sure.
Lastly, I introduced Liam to Elvis this week, because, duh. He loved it. It was so cute watching him shimmy and shake and then say “There are so many cool singers out there, mom, I like this guy”.
Yay Liam! And it is so true, there are so many greats out there that he’ll hardly hear on the radio. I feel like exposure to all sorts of music defined my taste in a lot of things and reinforced that I don’t need to like what everyone else does (in all facets of life). The new Passenger album is great for chill weekends!
I really enjoyed all of Renee Carlino’s books. She has a new one coming out this month, looking forward to reading it.
Of all the cheese I’ve bought at TJ’s, I’ve never had that one! I’ll be sure to pick some up when I go next time.
Glad you’re loving things again 🙂