- look Starbucks, stop mocking my poor life choices. It’s March so, YES, I do want an iced coffee. YES, I do know it’s -18 (Monday). YES I’m sure I don’t want a hot coffee. And NO, I’m not happy that you didn’t brew any iced coffee because it’s -18. Sad.
- and (as you should know by now) I’m a complete (cusp of) millenial brat and no, an iced latte wasn’t going to fill the void. I needed a very large, REASONABLY PRICED cold beverage. (I was really thirsty.)
- which of course brings me to the tail end of one of my favourite text convos with sister that took place last weekend. texty texty texty and the last line was “hooray for over-reacting, which is actually my favourite”
- just in case you’re not up-to-date on your Guelph Mercury lifestyle section news (i was oh-so-lucky to read this Tuesday waiting for my oil change): girls, being needy can scare boys away. Yes, there was an advice column on the first page, above the fold of section 2. In 2015. I know newspaper is a dying form of media…um, is this maybe why…but, are.you.kidding.me? For the record, I think reading the newspaper is scholarly and kind of romantic.
- losing weight in 4 easy steps. it’s not preachy; it’s actually teeters between hilarious and heartwarming. and a little sad but so sweet.
- tell people when something reminds you of them; reach out, say hi.
- 4 of 5 pairs of jeans have been returned and the fifth pair is somewhere in Alberta; the UPS truck had a mechanical failure…3 days ago…and there are a pair of Gap jeans somewhere in the prairies. Seems I’m too short for short jeans and the summer crops (which are totally pants for me) aren’t out yet. Sigh.
- why yes I did have to look up “ship it” on urban dictionary. Where do kids come up with these things?
- because #lifeishard: 21 Times All Your Fears About Growing Up Were Summed Up Perfectly By Tumblr. I’d point to specific ones, but ah, it’s pretty much all of them. Expect 8; my teeny tiny child hands can fit inside a pringles can.
- tv things: ohhh, welcome back Chicago PD! I missed you bf Jay. And bf Jay has a brother. How fun! (#tvisreallife) And maybe I geared up for the first new episode in a month by watching Chicago PD Season 1 humour 1 and 2, and Season 2 humour 1, 2, 3. Thank you people on youtube you put these things together for my enjoyment. Scandal: it was sweet. The flashbacks were the best part; the story behind Liv’s ring? Loved it. Potentially the last episode ever of Hart of Dixie tonight. I’m pretty sad. I know it’s fairly unrealistic but it’s sweet and they have southern accents. tv series things: re-watching Friday Night Lights while I work. Oh hello again Matty; my favourite Dillon Panther.
- I can’t wait to see two of my favourite boys tomorrow night. The first step in coming out of hibernation… (even though it isn’t warm yet and there’s still light snow in the forecast. #bearforlife)
[photo via @banff_lakelouise instagram of Banff in 1955]