- I’m day-dreaming about reading in bed. Last Saturday I unpacked in a -25 windchill, made stew on Monday, then refused to leave my house in Tuesday’s double digit windchill (a little because I had the sniffles but mostly because it was -30 when I woke up), ate mashed potatoes, had to take work photos in a sunny, yet breezy -23 when I woke up then -3 4 hours later Wednesday, and now I’m nervous to get in the shower because I fear I’ll never get out because it’s the only truly warm place in my apt. It’s a miracle I left the hot yoga studio yesterday morning.
- know what else I do when it’s minus 8 billion? make stew. On the stove this week were baked potato soup/stew (omgsogood! so hearty and filling and warm and cozy!) and Jessica’s beef stew. Use short ribs if a) you can afford them, and b) can/want to find them, but this cheap girl’s tip for beef stew making is to buy what’s on sale that week. It braises so long that pretty much any cut is fine. This week I found marinating top sirloin on sale and it was magnificent. Also, if you’re freezing the stew, do not add the potatoes, they get really gross when re-heated. Instead, serve over a fluffy bed of mashed potatoes. Then have a nap.
- I’m completely in l-o-v-e with the newest Tiffany “Will You?” campaign.
- text to bestie that read: “It’s 5pm; I’ve worked, made stew, and emptied my suitcase. Obviously this must be the same sense of accomplishment Columbus felt after discovering the Americas.” Monday was a big day for me.
- I’m not mad, not a bitch, and don’t think I’m better than you. 10 Ways Introverts Interact Differently with the World.
- cat marshmallows. *internet equivalent of mic drop*
- tulips re-appearing in grocery stores is the best thing about January. I picked up some hot pink ones with cream tips.
- remember last summer when I wouldn’t shut up about Lost Stars and how I couldn’t stop listening to it? Well, it was nominated for an Oscar. Yeeeah. Great song. Listen to it. Looooove it. Listen to it 8000x a month like I do.
- tv things: so maybe I have American Netflix (don’t tell my Mountie friends; but actually, 2 dudes I know are Mounties, hush hush. Oh and 2 are cops. Shit.) Anyhoo. American Netflix. I’m watching 1 episode of Parenthood each day. I’ve got Suits season one from the library (woooo, libraries! check yours out!) which I plan on devouring this weekend. CHICAGO.PD. THAT ENDING! Yah. My insides are all warm and fuzzy (and blushing). And I convinced Katelyn to watch it because I tipped her off about how steamy tv bf Jay is. And now we’re both in love. Talking tv bfs, Chrissy tweeted me this photo. 2 weeks till Scandal is back. Hart of Dixie tonight.
- 54 bizzare one line messages [Sarah] received on dating sites. So, single for life? Maybe the funnest part about reading these was trying to imagine what sister’s response to each one would be.
ps: we aren’t talking about Target closing cause I’m still crying about the announcement.