- that photo up there? Credit of explorecanada on instagram is taken about 7km from my house. Oh yah, it snowed all day Monday. And Wednesday night. And Thursday afternoon.
- I’m wearing mitts. Well, fingerless mitts. Inside. At my desk. Mostly cause even though there’s been 15cm of snow this week (and thank the baby jesus it isn’t 7 feet; poor south Buffalo) it’s actually still November and still fall and I don’t have the heat on. I’m wearing a tank, long sleeve shirt, sweater, the mitts, knee socks, pants, slippers and have a blanket draped over my shoulders. And candles lit. Sure, I shoooould put the heat on but it’s gonna be warm on Sunday. And I’m stubborn. Also: 27 things girls who are always cold know to be true.
- can we pretend this is 1996 and we’re teenagers bopping to some BSB at our sleepover and talk about boys? What are our thoughts about People’s Sexiest Man Alive? Chris Hemsworth? Is this an attempt to get younger people to purchase the magazine? Is it cause housewives are really into cradle robbing (which, play on playa; me too!) Do I not get it cause I’ve never seen anything he’s been in? Is it cause I demand to be different and don’t typically have a crush on the “it” dude? Is it because this is actually 1996 and I’m so over the floppy hairstyle? (except when wee Leo rocked it on Growing Pains.) Who would have been your pick?
- did you read about how I always carry safety pins because I once had to tape my pants back together? By that I mean come be a creeper; I spilled my purse over on sister’s blog earlier this week. And if you stay in a hotel that supplies Gilchrist & Soames please sweet talk the maids and steal some for me?
- now that it’s cold and dark all the time (why the effff does the sun set before 5?) I want to snack all afternoon. This may also be because we aren’t too busy and I’m bored. Anywho, do you have an afternoon snack that actually keeps you full till dinner? Essentially I would love to have a lifetime supply of peanut m&ms, but that’s probably not the right solution. I’ve also taken to drinking a cup of afternoon coffee, mostly to stay warm and prevent me from napping. Which, is all mind games cause I can have espresso and go right to bed.
- tv things! Were you fidgity with shifty eyes when Halstead and Lindsay went undercover at the sex club? Is it just me who gets all uncomfortable when sexytimes things happen on tv? I was blushing. In our family we say “hmmmm” when something like that happens. My mom used to do it subconsciously and it’s hilarious and now sister and I (consciously) hmmmmmmm at allthesexythings. You KNOW Jay Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer) would be on my Sexy Man List. So would Scott Foley (#teamjake). Let’s segue to Scandal, yah? WHOA! Jake (still) lives! Sure Olivia has screwed up parents, but how exactly does she get to makeyouty with the president and the hot dude and boss everyone around and yell at her friends and never tell them the whole story and somehow everyone still loves her? But that winter finale! I did NOT expect that from the Vice President. And maybe they can skip the dance parties in 2015? (and my most favourite spoiler filled recap)
- this panda LOVING the early Toronto snowfall….at least someone is… (can always count on Lauren for the good panda stuff)