- 293 thoughts I had watching Gilmore Girls for the first time. Dude came up with 293 thoughts for just SEASON ONE! I can’t even wait till he watches all the other seasons. Also, no, Jarrett, Dean is the worst boyfriend ever, just you wait.
- the stress level is very high right now; I’m trying to pack, vacation plan, do my regular job, and check off all the last minute tasks for our event on Saturday. I’m really tired but I also kind of love it. (it’s currently 10:46pm on Thursday and I am most definitely trying to stay up to watch Scandal on time shift from 12-1am. Yes, I’m crazy. Yes, I’ll never sleep. Yes, I just really need me some #teamjake)
- let’s just jump right into tv things…which is a bit of a sad panda situation this week. I’ve been out (site visits, meetings) or working on event details (more meetings, bag stuffing…which was a fun night). I should probably stop saying I’m so over Dawson & Casey, so, you’ve heard it 100x and now I’m done. I hope they don’t get married. Just remember my feelings towards the sitch anytime I chat Chicago Fire, yah? CHICAGO PD! I’m also trying to make it a weekly occurrence to shout FUCK YAH JAY HALSTEAD at my tv in the 10 o’clock hour on Wednesday nights. Loooooove. And, that’s all I’ve seen this week.
- I take that back; I saw Jennifer Garner on The Tonight Show; hilarious impressions.
- so awkward situation that was only awk for an hour or so until sister and all my friends reminded me of the great value of the story. aka: awkward man/date stories make great blog stories. SO…a few members of my event team were doing a walk through of our site (the 11th Field Regiment in Guelph; hello gorgeous building) and I’m early, I walk through the doors and look around for my peeps. Instead a dude is walking down the hallway. (ps: Field Regiment = Armoury = army dudes). So, I’m like sweet, hello future husband. And then he gets closer. Then I recognize him. We went on a few dates 6.5 years ago. Oh balls. And then if he wasn’t the one showing us around. Me, him, my 2 event dude friends, and one giant effing elephant. No, no one said anything. Yes, we both knew. Please pray that he’s not there all day on Saturday, too? (either I was pretty desperate way back when or he looks a lot worse; let’s go with option 2)
- but, BUT, I will be surrounded with busyness and crossfitters and police officers and paramedics on Saturday and that should take my mind off the not hot dude I went out with 3 times till he got major clingy.
- I successfully gave 2 people cut eye this week. Lady, no one has the freaking key tone turned on their iphone, turn that shit off; we’re all bumed that we have to sit in the dealership lounge for 2 hours the last thing I want to hear is your damn typing. And then she turned her phone off and went outside. Win. And no lady, I don’t care if your mother is 100, I was here first and I will have my damn pedicure first. Back of the line.
- why is there an 11 year old dancing to Anaconda on the Internet? Why is this ok? Why do you need a license to do like, everything in life, but you can just have children. Pop out like 19 of them if you want?
- I have this weird thing (maybe not a weird thing??); I wake up a lot in the middle of the night and a song pops into my head and it’s always a different one. If I wake up 5 times, I sing like 5 different songs over the course of the night. Weird? Does that happen to you? I mean, I have no thoughts, just song lyrics. A lot of Neon Light. Oh the fun dinner dance parties Blake and I have.
To spare you anything else boring and mundane (but seriously, I racked my brain….I don’t know any of the cool things on the interwebz this week….I hear Pluto may be a planet again, that’s cool. And there was a murder down the street from me yesterday morning, but you probably didn’t need to know that….) so anyway, my awesome awesome friend Emily forgot to push send on her “things my friends love” text last week (which in my head I dubbed “and all my friends say” mostly cause I was singing the song for DAAAYS once I thought of it; also love me some Luke). So I promised she could share this week:
- I’m loving unconventional tacos, impromptu catch ups with real friends [obvs I’m assuming it was our Monday night dinner date] and the satisfaction of an early bedtime. There is nothing wrong with 9:30pm lights out. – Emily
And one from Phil, too; cause, samsies:
- I am loving the harvest time. The food at the farmers markets is plentiful, delicious, and cheap! i accidentially bought a huge number of apples (ginger gold, my new fave) at the market, thinking that $6 couldn’t get me too many. Well, I was very wrong. I had snacks for a week and enough to make this amazing apple cake.
Did I miss anything good on the teevee or the internets? Tell me, tell me! I’m headed to Alberta then BC on Sunday and I.CAN.NOT.WAIT. Are we instagram friends? And the twitter, too? I can’t wait to make you all sorts of jealous of my adventures. And sister and I have a super fun blog post that we’ll be photographing out west; be excited. I’ve got “what I’m watching” (finally) lined up for you. And another life lately (so.much.fall). And of course, our friday, i’m in love dates.
ps: sister, see you in the car! 2 days! 48-ish HOURS!
pps: guys, I wrote this (and answered more event emails) and now it’s 11:51pm and I am so watching Scandal in 9 minutes! And eating chocolate chips.