I’m at a bit of a loss for things I’m love-love-loving this week (I mean, there’s some, but not the oodles as in weeks past) so I enlisted (begged) some of my friends to share what they’re loving:
- i love the ‘A Beautiful Mess’ app. it makes my instagram photos that much more beautiful. The sisters have developed gorgeous filters, and added fun borders, text and images to add a little fun. …now to be able to woodwork, design and decorate like them and all will be well in the world – Laura
- I’m actually loving the mild sunny weather we’ve been having*…it’s been great for patio food, puppy walks, and impromptu fro yo treats – Naeem (*says the man who LOVES hot weather)
- I just went on a big shopping spree at Lululemon and I’m loving the vinyasa scarf. I got the grey and white stripes and I’ve been wearing it non-stop. Oh. And I’m digging that it’s still warm-ish out [in Charlottetown] and the trees are starting to look like fall. We have one maple tree in our yard that has one branch with red leaves and the rest is still green. Almost as if that branch loves scarves and wool sweaters and pumpkin spice everything as much as I do. Okay and a yoga accomplishment: I got into AND HELD crow. Turns out I wasn’t putting my knees high enough up my arms, so I couldn’t get balanced and hold myself up. But putting a block under my feet and moving into the pose from there was all it took! – Megan (love yoga? Megan is starting her second 30-day yoga challenge on October 1st, cheer her on on the twitter)
- I’m loving the warm days and cool nights, all the good tv shows coming back (Katelyn and I are Scandal lovas), and I’m especially loving I get to see my friend and her 3 week old baby Benjamin today. I’m also loving that I’m off today; thank goodness. – Katelyn
And now my love list
- ok really, let’s just talk new TV! (yah yah, what I’m watching coming soon) Chicago Fire: Shay! WHAT!?? How much do you love emo Kelly? And we still hate Dawson and Casey together, right? Chicago PD: maybe about 45 minutes through Wednesday’s episode I actually yelled FUCK YAH JAY HALSTEAD! But seriously. The Voice: oh yah, that came out of left field; but considering my recent love affair with Adam and Blake (totes on a first name basis), not surprising. Everyone is so sweet, and um, Pharrell is 41? Dude looks goooood. And Scandal. Oh Scandal. I started biting my nails by 9:02pm. Cyrus got hair plugs, right? Dude totally has more hair than last season. (oh, and you’re welcome to be on #teamJake with me and Chrissy, it looks like Jake could use a few more people on his side)
- other TV things: watching The Tonight Show on OnDemand is pretty much the highlight of my day most days. That Jimmy (or James as I call him) is hilarious. Oh oh, and I don’t watch Ellen but did you see the Scandal cast on Ellen on Thursday? And I still have a wee crush on a few HGTV contractors. (guys, really, sometimes I do work too)
- you know how Clinton Kelly is all “don’t fault your body, keep trying on jeans till you find the ones that fit? (or something like that) no, Clint-in, it’s me. It’s my little legs and wide thighs, and smaller (not small) waist. Sigh. I hate shopping for jeans. And why can’t the ones I want be in stock at The Gap? No Jacob Palmer, I am not better than The Gap. And why do the crops I love from Ricki’s not come in jeans or full length pants (in case you were wondering, “crops” and “full length pants” are all of about 1-2″ difference for me.)
- as you know it was sister’s birthday on Wednesday and I was so sad we couldn’t be together but it’s amazing how much love was in my heart.
- a man (friend) did my dishes Wednesday. And by dishes I mean…………..dishes, no sexy euphemisms. I mean it was my cereal bowl and his dinner plate but it was glorious.
- I finished reading This is Where I Leave You a few weeks ago and did indeed see the film on Sunday afternoon. So good. Sooo good. The only movies I have ever liked more than the book were The Notebook and Perks of Being a Wallflower; for me, those were obvious movie > book. this was an equal playing field. Loved ’em both!
- I hate saying things like “I’m crazy busy” but, I have a billion and one things going on till an amazing event I’m planning next Saturday (ps: love CrossFit? still time to register. come come!) and then, AND THEN, I’m going on vacation. Oh I can’t wait.
Since we’re pretty much all besties – and since my lovely friends shared the best thing in their week, TELL ME, what was the best thing in YOUR week?