- today is National Doughnut Day. I mean, every Friday should be, but, created by the Salvation Army in 1938, the first Friday in June is national doughnut day to honour the men and women who served doughnuts to WW1 soldiers. SOLD.
- today is also the 70th anniversary of D-Day (hands up if you’re a history buff. wooooo.) Have a look at some now-and-then photos from D-Day landing scenes also, CBCDDayLive on twitter as they relive June 6, 1944 moment by moment.
- ok, sure, some of this is strange (wtf is with hello kitty? creepy! and no, I don’t listen to pen podcasts), but 9 – 11 – 18 – 22, YES. 27 signs you’re a stationary addict. (viva le snailmail)
- flowers for the week: white hydrangeas. (and maybe some more stolen lilacs; it sucks that once you cut them, they only last a couple of days…although I shouldn’t complain because I cut them from the park)
- I’ve been really, really disappointed in other people’s follow through in the last week, so adopted “I’m awesome, other people are morons, and if all else fails: iced coffee”. It’s been working for me, bestie, and Carly. Feel free to use it as you need it as well.
- tv things: Rookie Blue. yeeeea. Let’s not linger on this Sam + Andy thing all season, k? Snore. If we’re going to revisit men that were occasionally jerky, bring back Luke. And a nice girl for Nick, please? Or just more screen time for Nick? (although Nick in a boxing ring was superb last week).
- please tell me you’ve listened to Strategic Grill Locations by Mitch Hedberg. Some of the best comedy ever and a staple on my and sister’s roadies. (if not – youtube + 63 amazing minutes. you won’t be sorry). Anyway, Jonah Hill was on the Tonight Show earlier this week (in addition to his apology, which was thoughtful) he was talking about NASCAR which reminded me of a great Mitch quote: “I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the drive. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide…”
- I got bug spray! I’m thinking more hiking on Sunday.
- bear in a hammock. bear in a hammock!
- song of the week: Big Parade – The Lumineers
What’s been awesome in your week, peeps?
(photo via @zoerainphoto on instagram)