- I have this strange thing about the vacation destinations sister and I have been in the last few years. When we first get back I love the time I got to spend with her but have never been head-over-heels for the locales (except Boston, hearts). Chicago and Vancouver and Seattle were great, I didn’t hate them, but they didn’t make my heart beat like Boston. That is until all I want to do is pack my bags and hop a plane. I’ve been waxing poetic about all those places. A friend was in Chicago in January (ha, -40, sucker) and I couldn’t stop about how great it was even though it was +40 the entire time, humid, then rained, and the subway to the Cubs game was a disaster when we were there.
- it’s major rainy today, which I guess is better than snow. Don’t dreary days just make you want to curl up, sip coffee, have soup, read magazine, and watch movies? Let’s hope it’s a slow work day.
- Katelyn and I went to Toronto’s One of a Kind show yesterday (I won tickets, very odd for unlucky me). It was fun to go but there isn’t much that is my taste or really anything I was looking for. If you’re going, you MUST stop by to see Amy (AVW Photography) at booth J23. An amazing photographer from Canmore, AB, her stunning stills are all over my and sister’s apartment. Amy is the sweetest and her photos will amaze you. Can’t get there – check out her photos/magnets/coasters /stationary/wood blocks/etc online. (like all good things, sis was the first one to gift me some of Amy’s polaroid magnets and introduce me to her at Market Collective in Calgary)
- baby tigers! I know they can eat me in 3 big chomps, but so cute!
- TV things. Do you want to come over on Monday and hold my hand for the HIMYM finale? Since TV is real life and all. How many things have been there for you for 9 years? Make you smile, cry, cringe, laugh, quote the jokes (the Ted’s a dad episode? that is MY DAD!)? Exactly. Anyone else find Scandal to be good but lackluster yesterday? (spoiler free for you, Lauren) I was tired and distracted, but a few highlights: leave the kids at boarding school, Jake stood up for himself to Fitz (slow clap Jakers), and Mellie getting it on in the White House (way to go lady friend).
- you get 2 gold stars if you can somehow avoid buying allofthethings at target. this is so me.
- I shy away from meal planning, but mapped out lunches and dinners this week and knowing what I’m going to make has been great. I’m so Type A that the fact I don’t meal plan is actually a big mystery. Tonight is buffalo chicken flatbread which I have been looking forward to all week. (brb, taking chicken out of freezer…)
- To all my I’m Fit Possible peeps – be jealous, I had a hot beverage day date with Tara (coffee for me, tea for her) earlier this week. She is absolutely as adorable and kind as you imagine. Can’t wait for our next visit.
- Within the last week I’ve switched the design of the blog and added new social media buttons. Choosing a new theme on wordpress? Easy peasy. But MAKING your own social media buttons, a little more difficult – I’ve been patting myself on the back since Tuesday. Watch out geek squad.
What was the highlight of your week?