hello, hello, hello. Still in Georgia, still loving beach life, still have managed to not get into fight with family members.
- so last weekend when most people I know in Ontario were without power we were walking in the ocean and reading magazines poolside in near 30 degree temps. (I can be a jerk sometimes, but I am truly sorry if you were without power for a really long period of time. I’m happy my grandma and most friends had theirs back within about a day)
- sooooo, what did Santa bring you? As you know, Santa got a little lost, and didn’t manage to drop any presents onto our balcony but did send some hard-cold-cash (says mom). I picked up a few things from Target, these Sperry’s, and the-most-beautiful-shoes-in-the-whole-wide-world on the 26th.
- Boxing Day isn’t a thing in Georgia (or most of the states). While the sales aren’t as great as back home, they were decent and the stores aren’t crowded. Much more pleasant. I assume more pleasant; I’ve never been Boxing Day shopping at a mall.
- The Sprint commercial with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell. (hey Canadians, I hope it’s not blocked). Totes hilar.
- Finished up season one of Friday Night Lights. It grew on me; hard to get into (probably cause I don’t like football), but my crushes on minors combined with Tami Taylor’s hair kept me coming back for more. Can’t wait to see Katelyn in January to borrow seasons 2-5. Snuggles to Matt – love him. Snuggles to Tim Riggins when he’s filling a paternal void by being all dad-like with Bo. Snuggles to Eric and Tami – I love the way their relationship is written.
- I would have kept on the FNL train but I wanted to catch up on Scandal while I’m still in the states (hearts US Netflix). I just started watching Scandal this season (season 3) and I’m all sorts of confused. I breezed through season one – only 7 episodes – and moving onto season 2 today. It’s rainy and gloomy till Sunday so, less beach, more Scandal. (I’m on team “I would totally have an affair with Fitz”)
- Like last season, I’m writing a few posts a week for ILIndoor.com, fan poll on Thursdays and staff picks on Fridays (I’ll tweet about them and they’ll be posted in the IL Indoor tab at the top of this page). I wooped those boys’ butts in the playoffs last season, lets see if I can continue to pick the winners as the 2014 NLL season starts tomorrow.
- BBQ. Oh, I said that last week? Yah, well, we went again. I’m hoping at least 2 more visits before I go home.