Other than taller*, I never quite knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.
In a not awful way, I kind of fell into all 3 big girl jobs I’ve had. The third, and my current one, the family business, not something I went to school for, and not something I thought I would be doing, but actually really enjoy.
While watching Betrayal Sunday, I thought of all the things I wish I could get paid for. This list is mostly comprised of big, lofty dreams, cause quite frankly, I have very little artistic capabilities. And I can’t sing.
Anyway. when I grow up I wanna be a(n):
- artist – something fabulously creative; photography, painting, or graphic design, mostly
- FBI Intelligence Analyst – thank you TV and books for letting me know this was a thing
- private investigator – I’m really nosy and a total internet creepster already!
- Broadway superstar – I love, love, love musical theatre. Being in the swing in Jersey Boys would be pretty damn fabulous
- travel writer – because who wouldn’t want to see all the things for free!?
- researcher/fact checker
- something related to Major League Baseball. Stats would be cool. I’d really just like to hang out in a stadium every day
- interior designer – who doesn’t want to spend other people’s money to buy pretty things!?
- PTSD counsellor – I’m really not sure why; working with veterans has always appealed to me
- a fairly chill rockstar’s girlfriend – I don’t really want to deal with the drama of drugs, alcohol, or groupies, but would like some plush travel and the opportunity to watch my +1 perform daily
While most of these aren’t gonna happen, I’m still hanging on to the possibility of trophy wife. So, I guess I’m off to the gym…
* I’m still waiting….
What’s your dream job?