After I sulked about the weather yesterday, I did indeed make us brownies before going out for my walk. Yes, us. Well, me. But if you’d like to come over, there will be a brownie here with your name on it. (I advise you come over within the next day or two, cause it’s uncertain just how long I’ll be willing to share these)
Let’s be real here, peeps; Duncan and Betty (yes, Hines and Crocker) can make much better brownies than I can. I have tried to make brownies from scratch once. It was bad. So, so, so very horrible.
This recipe (if you can call it that) makes gooey, potentially not cooked all the way through (just how I like ’em) brownies.
- Open brownie mix, pour into bowl. Add 1 egg, 1/4 cup oil, and 1/4 cup water – just like they tell you on the box. Or substitute 1/4 milk for water like I did.
- Pour about 45% of the batter on the bottom of your pan.
- Cover in a layer of frozen cherries (no, I have no idea where you can buy these in Canada, sorry. I smuggled mine from the U. S. of A.) and a small hand full of chocolate chips.
- Spread the remaining 54% of the batter over the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes more than the box instructions; the cherries make the batter extra gooey.
- Do math, realize you have 1% batter left over. Eat batter (don’t even pretend you weren’t going to)